AMO’s Polycarbonate (PC) Yellow lens is offered as standard across the range with every pair of AMO sports sunglasses (unless specified otherwise) and can also be purchased separately.
It is an outstanding high-quality lens with high optical clarity for very low light levels and night sports. The yellow tint improves contrast in low light.
Read more about its benefits and characteristics below to help you decide if this lens is the right choice for you.
Please note: In certain instances, please allow at least five business days for dispatch due to this product being fully customisable.
This lens is made from the purest grade polycarbonate, engineered by AMO to produce an optic with no haze and no distortion, even towards the outer edges. Its optical clarity measures 28 on the NBS pattern definition test and has an Abbe clarity value between 25 and 32 (minimal distortion).
AMO lenses are virtually bullet proof. Specifically, this lens will stop a 0.6cm steel ball bearing travelling at 45m per second — great impact protection for multisport athletes — stones flicked up from the road and low hanging branches won’t get past this lens.
A hydrophobic coating repels moisture, sweat, water and mud. At full speed with the person in front flicking mud up in your face, you’ll still see the track ahead in perfect clarity.
The lens shape is large and wraps around the sides. Matched with the Transformer series frames, the PC Yellow Lens offers great night and low-light vision and eye protection for ultra runners, triathletes, marathon runners, cyclists and mountain bikers.
- Material: Premium Polycarbonate (PC) — up to 10 times more impact-resistant than plastic or glass lenses
- Standard: Exceeds International Standards (ASIZ80.3.2008/EN ISO12312:213/AS/NZS 1067:2003)
- UVA/UVB protection: 100%
- Clarity: Class 1 optical clarity/resolving power greater > 28 on NBS index — low haze and minimal distortion
- Thickness: 2mm — super strong and high impact resistance
- Colour/tint: Yellow/category zero for low-light levels and night
- Coatings: Hydrophobic to repel moisture, water and sweat; and an anti-scratch lens coating to make the surface nearly as hard as glass
- Compatibility: Transformer series Ironcatcher and Prowler sunglasses
For more information about the various lens coatings, including hydrophobic, anti-fog, revo, and anti-scratch, see our AMO Sunglasses FAQ section here.